Setting figure width/height

From: Will Thurston <willthurston_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Aug 09 2012 - 20:19:08 MDT

Hi PyNGLers,

I've recently been trying to open a workstation with a custom figure
size, using a script starting something like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python
import numpy as np
import Ngl
wks_type = 'ps'
wkres = Ngl.Resources()
wkres.wkPaperWidthF = 4.0
wkres.wkPaperHeightF = 4.0
wks = Ngl.open_wks(wks_type, 'size', wkres)

[...]

However, when I run the script I get told "warning:nhlGetPaperSize:
Both page wkPaperWidthF/wkPaperHeightF and wkPaperSize resources
given; using wkPaperSize", even though I haven't set wkPaperSize
anywhere (I have also tried setting it to False, but to no avail). Has
anyone encountered/fixed this problem before?

I am using Ngl 1.4.0

Also, a minor comment. On the Ngl.open_wks webpage
(http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Functions/Ngl.open_wks.shtml) the
wkPaperWidthF and wkPaperHeightF resources are set with an NCL like
wks_res@wkPaperWidthF rather than a PyNGL wks_res.wkPaperWidthF

Cheers,
Will.