Re: PyNIO with numpy-1.5 on ppc64

From: Sourish Basu <S.Basu_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2010 - 03:46:56 MDT

Hi Mary,

     Sorry for the delay; I was away for a couple of days.
> I've had issues with building Python and numpy under 64-bit AIX systems in general. We had some system folks that talked to a Python expert who finally got Python 2.6.5 installed on a Power 5 AIX system. I know they had some issues with numpy as well, and I believe this was version 1.4.1.
>
> Sourish, what happens when you try to install PyNIO?

     You're right, the problem was with building numpy (both 1.4.1 and
1.3.0) on our AIX 64-bit machines; the numpy installer disagreed with
the system libraries on the definition of "long long." Therefore I could
not build PyNio either. However, in the meanwhile a colleague of mine
managed to build numpy-1.5.0 and compile PyNio for numpy-1.5.0. I will
be using it extensively, so I'll let you know if I run into bugs.

Thanks,

-Sourish