Re: PyNIO with numpy-1.5 on ppc64

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Aug 31 2010 - 09:31:20 MDT

Hi folks,

I've responded to Sourish offline on this. I don't have access to this kind of system, so I'm unable to try this out.

I've had issues with building Python and numpy under 64-bit AIX systems in general. We had some system folks that talked to a Python expert who finally got Python 2.6.5 installed on a Power 5 AIX system. I know they had some issues with numpy as well, and I believe this was version 1.4.1.

Sourish, what happens when you try to install PyNIO?

--Mary