Re: PyNIO libgfortran problems on Ubuntu Linux 8.10

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 09:56:49 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Alex,

You are running into the (infamous) libgfortran problem.

Between versions of gfortran (4.1.x, 4.2.x, and 4.3.x), things are not
compatible. That is, if you have an application built with gfortran
4.1.x, and it depends on libgfortran, then you can't use the
libgfortran that comes with 4.3.x.

I've attached libgfortran.so.1.0.0 for you to try. This is
the one that comes with gfortran 4.1.

Be sure to unlink the other one that you have pointing to
libgfortran.so.3.

Rename the attached one to libgfortran.so.1, and then setenv
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the path to it, and see if this works.

Or, you can just put it in the same directory where your
"libgfortran.so.3" resides.

--Mary