Re: Reading mouse input from an x11 graphics window

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:51:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi Ray,

I'm sorry we haven't responded to this sooner. We discussed this question
informally at lunch yesterday, and don't have any current way to
do something like this in PyNGL.

We do have a C/HLU library example (the HLU library is something that
PyNGL is built on top of) in which you can click on the X11 window,
and it returns the data coordinates. This is "ng4ex" example "xy13c"
for those of you that might have the HLUs installed on your system.

It requires the X11 "Xm" library in order to compile.

Does anybody know of some Python/X11 modules? It might be possible to
convert this example to PyNGL and use similar X11 calls as in the
xy13c.c example.

--Mary