Reading mouse input from an x11 graphics window

From: Raymond P. <rtp1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 21:06:32 -0600

This may be too much to hope for, but here goes....

For some courseware I'm writing, I'd like to write a script that can
read the
coordinates of a mouse click on a PyNGL x11 window, and use that
to initialize an equation for further plotting on the window. I know
how to
do this sort of thing in tkinter, but I wonder if NGL has some facility
for
doing this, or if perhaps somebody knows some hack for getting
the screen coordinates using tkinter calls and translating to the NGL
graphics space. It would be a handy sort of thing to be able to do for
all sorts of interactive graphics applications.

Thanks,
Ray