PyNGL binaries being moved...

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:11:56 -0600 (MDT)

Dear PyNGL testers/users,

Two announcements: we now have a PyNGL binary for Cygwin, and the
PyNGL binaries have been moved (the Cywin binary is in the new
location).

In an attempt to collect better metrics on PyNGL usage and thus
determine future directions for PyNGL, we are moving the PyNGL
binaries to the Earth System Grid (http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/)
website, effective immediately. (We recently did the same thing with
the NCL binaries.)

For those of you unfamiliar with the Earth System Grid:

     The Earth System Grid (ESG) integrates supercomputers with
     large-scale data and analysis servers located at numerous national
     labs and research centers to create a powerful environment for
     next generation climate research.

Downloading PyNGL from the ESG requires an account registration with a
name and password, and a short form to fill out. Somewhere in the
"Statement of work" field, please indicate that you are a PyNGL
user. If you have already registered on the ESG for NCL downloads,
then you don't need to register separately for PyNGL downloads.

Before you download your first PyNGL binary, you will also be required
to agree to the PyNGL license agreement, which is basically identical
to the NCL license. For subsequent downloads of PyNGL, however, all
that will be required is your login and password.

The ESG registration information is used solely for generating usage
metrics, and will NOT be given out to anybody. Registration will also
give you free and immediate access to numerous datasets and NCL
binaries.

The PyNGL download site:

     http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/download.html

has a link to the new site, along with the instructions on how to
download and install the software.

Even if you don't need to download PyNGL right away, you can register
at the ESG site any time.

To register, go to:

   http://www.earthsystemgrid.org/

and look on the left side of the page under "ESG News" about
requesting an account.

We appreciate your time, and feel free to email me with any questions
or concerns.

--Mary Haley