Re: Changing map used in Ngl.contour_map(...)

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:41:16 -0600 (MDT)

 A very crude 'poorman' approach to outlining continental [land]
 regions might be to set the following resources:

  res.cnMissingValPerimOn = True # perimeter around missing data
  res.cnMissingValPerimThicknessF = 2.0 # perimeter thickness [default=1.0]

 and/or if you want to color fill the area

  res.cnMissingValFillColor = "light gray" # if it is in the color map.

> >> Those of us doing paleoclimate simulations need to put alternate contour
> >> outlines on maps. Is there any way to get Ngl.contour_map(...) to
> >> use a user-specified continent database? If not, what is the
> >> suggested work-around? What if I just want the map projection features

[snip]

Dennis Shea