Changing map used in Ngl.contour_map(...)

From: R. T. Pierrehumbert <rtp1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:36:28 -0500

Ngl is a very nice implementation. I am enjoying working with it.

Those of us doing paleoclimate simulations need to put alternate contour
outlines on maps. Is there any way to get Ngl.contour_map(...) to
use a user-specified continent database? If not, what is the
suggested work-around? What if I just want the map projection features
in Ngl.contour_map(...), but not the continent outlines themselves?

Another thing I noticed is that nglMaximize doesn't do a very good job
of filling up the x11 plot window when the axis ratio isn't 1:1. I'm
using vpHeightF = .5 and vpWidthF = 1, and with a 2:1 window
a lot of unnecessary blank space is left about.