Re: PyNGL-NCL interferance

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 14 2013 - 14:28:31 MST

Hi Sam,

I think you just need to set the NCARG_ROOT environment variable (via setenv or export) to the root directory (~/usr) of where you installed NCL.

  setenv NCARG_ROOT /home/slha/usr

or
  export NCARG_ROOT= /home/slha/usr

PyNGL shouldn't require any settings, but if that's giving you grief, then for PyNGL you can try
setting the PYNGL_NCARG environment variable to /home/slha/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/PyNIO/ncarg.

If this doesn't help, then can you type the following and send me the output:

   which ncl
   env | grep NCARG
   env | grep PYNGL
   ncargpath bin