Problems with gfortran dependency under Ubuntu installs?

From: Raymond P. <rtp1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 11:30:01 MST

Hi,

One of my courseware users was having problems installing PyNGL for Ubuntu. He
eventually figured out that on Ubuntu (debian?) you install in dist-packages instead
of site packages, but is now getting what I think is a gfortran dependency error:

“undefined symbol : _gfortran_st_write_done” (from the fplib.so file)

I thought the gfortran dependency problem had been cracked. Is
it back?

Thanks,
Ray Pierrehumbert