Re: Problems with gfortran dependency under Ubuntuinstalls?

From: Hatzopoulos, Nikolaos <hatzopou_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 02 2011 - 11:55:10 MST

this might help:

http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Download/build_pyngl_from_src.shtml

setenv F2CLIBS gfortran
setenv F2CLIBS_PREFIX /usr/local/lib

or

export F2CLIBS=gfortran
export F2CLIBS_PREFIX=/usr/local/lib

--
Nikos Hatzopoulos
-----Original Message-----
From: pyngl-talk-bounces@ucar.edu on behalf of Raymond P.
Sent: Wed 3/2/2011 10:30 AM
To: PyNGL talk
Cc: Christopher Kerr
Subject: Problems with gfortran dependency under Ubuntuinstalls?

Hi,
One of my courseware users was having problems installing PyNGL for Ubuntu.  He
eventually figured out that on Ubuntu (debian?) you install in dist-packages instead
of site packages, but is now getting what I think is a gfortran dependency error:
"undefined symbol : _gfortran_st_write_done" (from the fplib.so file)
I thought the gfortran dependency problem had been cracked. Is
it back?
Thanks,
Ray Pierrehumbert