Re: PyNIO with numpy-1.5 on ppc64

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 13:22:11 MDT

Hi Sourish,

I believe the explanation for the failure to open HDF files for
writing is that somewhere along the line in your build process the HDF
version of the include file netcdf.h has gotten mixed up with the
NetCDF version of this file. The "Bad Flag" message occurs because
the NetCDF and HDF versions of netcdf.h define the flag NC_NOCLOBBER
to different integer values. The HDF version of nccreate is bailing
because it does not like the NetCDF value for this flag. Did you
follow the directions for building HDF4 exactly? In particular it is
critical that you set the "--includedir" option to install the HDF
include files to $prefix/include/hdf.
  -dave