Versions of python and numpy being used?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 13:02:07 MDT

Hi all,

Dave and I are getting ready to build a whole new set of PyNIO and PyNGL binaries (version 1.4.0 and 1.3.0 respectively).

We'd like to know what versions of python and numpy people are using?

We were planning to do combinations like:

  python 2.5.5/numpy 1.3.0
  python 2.6.5/numpy 1.3.0
  python 2.6.5/numpy 1.4.1

Note that we do not plan to do any numpy 1.4.0 builds, since this version is supposedly rather buggy.

We'd like to drop Python 2.5.x, but I think there are still some folks using that version. Let me know.

If anybody wants to help us test some binaries, send me a personal email. I've already got a few ready to go.
I will need to know what versions of python and numpy you have, and what system you're on (uname -a).

For Mac users, I also need "sw_vers -productVersion"

Thanks,