Newer beta version of PyNIO and PyNGL now available

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 16:32:55 MDT

We have built newer versions of PyNGL and PyNIO on several
Linux and MacOS systems under Python 2.5.x and Python 2.6.x,
numpy 1.3.0.

We are making these binaries available mainly to test access to a
new ESG system, which we plan to release for production use in
the near future:

http://esg.ucar.edu/

All user accounts from the old ESG site have been created on the new
system,
and this is updated hourly. If you have any problems using the
system, please email
"esg-support AT earthsystemgrid.org", and include "ESG Early Access"
in your
Subject line. The ESG developers welcome feedback of any sort, so
please let
them know what works, what doesn't, and any suggestions you might
have for
providing better service to you.

For some details on what's new in these binaries, go to:

https://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Download/esg_beta.shtml

At this time we are only releasing binaries. If you really need
source code, send me
an email offline.

These binaries now have OPeNDAP capabilities for NetCDF files, so
there may
be some shared library dependencies. Let me know if you run into
problems with
this.

Thanks for your time and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

--Mary Haley, haley@ucar.edu
--Dave Brown, dbrown@ucar.edu