PyNGL/PyNIO test binaries for Python 2.6/2.5 and numpy 1.3.0

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 16:10:06 MST

Hi all,

I've been getting a lot of requests for PyNGL and PyNIO for Python 2.6.

We are still in the middle of some code improvements, but I've built
some beta Linux and MacOS binaries if anybody wants to try them.

I don't have any MacOS 10.6 binaries unfortunately. MacOS 10.4
binaries should work under MacOS 10.5, if you see a combo there that
you need.

To see what files we have:

     ftp ftp.ucar.edu
     <log in as "anonymous">
     <Use email address as password>
     cd pub/scd/haley
     ls Py*

The names of the files should be pretty self explanatory.

I think all of these were built with numpy 1.3.0, but with various
versions of Python 2.6 and 2.5.

If you see what you want:

    get <file you want>
    get <another file you want>
    quit

The install instructions are the same as usual:

http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Download/install_from_binary.shtml

I'd like to know if you are successful or unsuccessful with any of
these binaries. There are some weird dependency issues for some of
them. For example, I couldn't get rid of the libgfortran.so.3
dependency for the Linux x86_64 binary.

Thanks,