Re: pyngl future?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 09:43:47 -0600 (MDT)

Jim and others,

A more lengthy response may follow, but I did want to let you know
that we do plan to release a non-beta version of PyNIO and PyNGL this
summer.

We've been rather tied up with NCL development and training two new
hires in the last several months. Our new hires have added
support for shapefiles, HDF-EOS5, and new data types.

We hope to get the shapefiles and HDF-EOS5 support into
the next PyNIO. I'm not sure about the new data types.

PyNGL will probably not have many new features, but I hope to
fix some bugs that have been languishing.

We do wish we could do releases more frequently. It's been an extremely
busy year for us with regard to supporting NCL.

--Mary