reduced grid an pyNIO

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:51:05 -0800

I have a grid file from ECMWF. The CDO ( Climate Data operators) say
that it contains a reduced gaussian grid.
I can expand the grid using the CDOs to a full gaussian grid.

when I read a variable using pyNIO from the expanded full gaussian
grid file and the original 'reduced?' grid, both variables are on the
full grid.
but the values are not the same

What does pyNIO do with variables on a reduced grid? I fully expected
to get an error when I read a reduced grid file.

--Jim