limit to number of points in SkewT - CAPE computation

From: James Boyle <boyle5_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:47:21 -0700

What are the limiting parameters that govern what SKEWT_PLT can plot?

My data have 2762 points - I admit this is a lot but it does come
from actual sounding data.
When I make a call such as:
     Ngl.skewt_plt(wks, skewt_bkgd, p, t, tdc, z, wspd, wdir, skewtOpts)
The program hangs unless I turn off the label calculation.

With no label calculation (sktThermoInfoLabelOn = False ) it all
goes smoothly.
I can live with an error such as ' data exceeds bounds ' or
something - but a hang is unacceptable.
My experience with such things leads me to believe that it is hung
up in some 'C' or FORTRAN routine which makes the error trap difficult.

Any guidance?

--Jim