Re: Pressure Labels/Scaling on Skew-T Plots Broken?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:24:22 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I just wanted to update everybody on what the problem was here,
although there's probably not much that can be done about it since it
involves Numeric.

   [For the record, we have decided to completely drop
    Numeric support in PyNGL and PyNIO in our next release.]

Keith was using version 24.2 of Numeric (the same that we have).
Oddly, though, the following code was producing different results
on his machine:

import Numeric
pres = Numeric.array([1050.,1000.,850.],'f')
print "pres",pres
print "pres[1:]",pres[1:]

His output was:

pres [ 1050. 1000. 850.]
pres[1:] zeros((0,), 'f')

but on our systems it is:

pres [ 1050. 1000. 850.]
pres[1:] [ 1000. 850.]

If he uses numpy, then his system produces the expected output.

--Mary