Re: how do I get rid of the perimeter line around map?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:08:25 -0700 (MST)

Hi All,

Ivan figured out the problem before I did.

The perimeter is coming from the tickmarks and not from the map
perimeter itself. Between the beta and official version of PyNGL, we
decided to make mpTickMarkDisplayMode = "Always" the default, so that
you would get map tickmarks when possible (not all map projections
produce map tickmarks). Even though some projections, like the
orthographic projection, don't have map tickmarks, you still get a
tickmark border, and this is what Ivan was seeing, and trying to
get rid of..

By setting res.pmTickMarkDisplayMode = "Never", you get rid of the
tickmark object, but then you still need to set mpPerimOn to get rid
of the map perimeter.

--Mary