Re: PyNGL/PyNIO and NCL 6.1.x

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 06 2013 - 16:09:40 MDT

Hi David,
I can't remember for sure, but I think you are building from source. Is that correct? If so, it looks like a problem locating the gfortran library.
Did you set the F2CLIBS and F2CLIBS_PREFIX environment variables, as described in the setup.py? On my mac 10.8 machine I have these set as follows (bash syntax):

export F2CLIBS=gfortran
export F2CLIBS_PREFIX=/usr/local/lib/

and if I do
    ls /usr/local/lib/*gfortran*
on the command line I get:

$ ls /usr/local/lib/*gfortran*
/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.3.dylib /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.dylib
/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.a /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.la

Does this help? If not please let us know.
 -dave