PyNIO notes for Fedora

From: David B. Reusch <dreusch_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon May 06 2013 - 17:36:49 MDT

I wanted to share a couple installation notes from my Fedora 18
(Scientific KDE spin) experiences today:
- I had to add a symlink for libjpeg.so in /usr/lib64, i.e., ln -s
libjpeg.so.62.1.0 libjpeg.so, else build fails on not finding libjpeg.
- Only "import PyNIO" works in this environment, whereas I'm also able
to use "import nio" in OS X. The first PyNIO tutorial example uses
another variation "import Nio" which also fails on my system.

This is with Python 2.7.2 and PyNIO 1.4.1 (from the tgz file) so may be
unique to my setup.

Regards,
Dave

--
Associate Research Professor of Climatology
Dept of Earth and Environmental Science