Re: Error load Ngl module

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 10:41:26 MST

Hi Adam,

The "gproj" symbol is something that's defined in one of the NCL libraries, "libnfpfort.a". It was actually been renamed to "hluproj" in V6.0 of NCL.

Did you build PyNGL from source code or a precompiled binary?

I believe this symbol is coming from the cairo code. If you set HAS_CAIRO 1, then you need to make sure you link PyNGL against a version of NCL that is also cairo-enabled.

If you can tell me more about what version of NCL you're using, whether you installed this from a precompiled binary or source code, and then how you are trying to build PyNGL (i.e. what environment settings do you have), then I might be able to help more.

--Mary