Error load Ngl module

From: Adam Chamberlin <yazza127_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 20 2011 - 10:19:04 MST

Hi all,

I have been trying to install PyNGL 1.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.04, with Python 2.6
and NumPy 1.3.0. I was originally having some problems with getting Ngl to
load as described in some of the archived message threads found here.
However I included the Ngl.pth file pointing to the PyNGL folder into the
dist-packages folder, which seemed to solve the import problem; however,
now when I attempt to import the module I get another error:
>>> import Ngl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "Ngl.py", line 368, in <module>
    from hlu import *
  File "hlu.py", line 7, in <module>
    import _hlu
ImportError: /mypath/dist-packages/PyNGL/_hlu.so: undefined symbol: gproj_

I am a bit new to this so any input would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Adam