Re: problem using Ngl.contour with 2D coordinates

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:37:53 -0700

Hi Ivan,

I was able to plot your data by modifying your script just a bit.
I uncommented the ngl[XY]AxisType lines, and added a line to
set trGridType:

pres.nglXAxisType = "LinearAxis"
pres.nglYAxisType = "LinearAxis"
pres.trGridType = "Curvilinear"

The default value of trGridType in this situation is unfortunately
"Spherical", which is a tranformation that really works only when the
data is
projected into a map. We should figure out how to
make the default be "Curvilinear" in cases such as this. At any rate,
I'm attaching the output with my modifications.
If it doesn't work for you with these changes then it's possible you do
not
have the latest code. In that case, Mary will be back tomorrow and I
assume
will be able to provide you an update.
  -dave