problem using Ngl.contour with 2D coordinates

From: Ivan Lima <ivan_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:55:32 -0500

  Hello All,

  I'm trying to make a contour plot of a longitudinal vertical
  section from a 3D ocean model. The model uses terrain-following
  sigma coordinates so the depth axis/coordinate varies with
  longitude in a vertical section (2D coordinate). AFAIK,
  Ngl.contour should be able to handle that but in my case it
  does not. It doesn't give me any error messages but it just
  contours the 2D array using the array dimensions as axis and
  does not plot any axis information (tick marks, etc...).

  Attached is an example code with what I'm trying to do. I can
  send the input data upon requert (the file is a little big
  ~7MB). Have anyone encountered this kind of problem before? Am
  I missing something?

  Thanks a lot,

  - Ivan

--
Ivan Lima
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, MC&G MS #25