Compiling g2clib

From: Ben Jolly <ben.jolly_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Dec 01 2013 - 12:52:17 MST

Hi

I'm having trouble compiling g2clib as per the instructions at http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Download/build_pynio_from_src.shtml

I have been following the guide with no problems thus far, however it's telling me to change compiler (CC) and flag (CFLAGS) lines but not specifying what to change them to. I had a bit of a play based on hints in the makefile and ended up with:

DEFS=-DUSE_JPEG2000 -DUSE_PNG -D__64BIT__
INC=-I/usr/include /usr/local/lib
CFLAGS=-q64 -O3 -qarch=auto -qcpluscmt $(INC) $(DEFS)
CC=gcc -fPIC

Which failed miserably because -q64 was not a valid GCC flag (yes I am building on a 64-bit system). Can anyone push me in the right direction?

Thanks
Ben

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.