Ngl import problem on RHEL 6

From: Marty J. Sullivan <mjs472_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jul 09 2013 - 10:52:45 MDT

I am trying to compile PyNGL on RHEL 6 x86_64. Here are the vars I set:

export HAS_CAIRO=1
export F2CLIBS=gfortran
export F2CLIBS_PREFIX=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.4
export NCARG_ROOT=/usr

I had to edit setup.py to look in /usr/lib64/ncarg for the ncl libs as it was looking for them in /usr/lib/ncarg. I have double checked and the F2CLIBS_PREFIX I set is definitely where libgfortran.so is.

I run setup.py install and it compiles fine. However, when I import Ngl in python I get the following error:

import Ngl
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "Ngl.py", line 39, in <module>
    import fplib
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/fplib.so: undefined symbol: _gfortran_concat_string