Re: _GDattach error on import

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2012 - 12:26:19 MST

Hi John,
I am not sure why you are getting the GDattach error. I am trying to see if I can reproduce this problem here and I will let you know as soon as I have some kind of answer. As far as the location of the HDFEOS library, it has apparently changed since we last updated our documentation. The new location of the recommended version of HDFEOS is:

ftp://edhs1.gsfc.nasa.gov/edhs/hdfeos/previous_releases/HDF-EOS2.17v1.00.tar.Z

There appears to be a newer version of this library which can be found at:

ftp://edhs1.gsfc.nasa.gov/edhs/hdfeos/latest_release/HDF-EOS2.18v1.00.tar.Z

We will update the docs to reflect the location change and also do some confidence testing on the new version of the library.
 -dave