Re: Auto-discard notification

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2012 - 14:32:02 MDT

Hi Sam,
Unfortunately there is currently no way to create an NioVariable in memory. I can certainly see the need for it in the use case you have presented. A workaround might be to create an actual temporary NetCDF file with the derived SPEED variable added. I think the latest versions of NetCDF have the capability to create NetCDF "files" in memory. If we can add support for this feature that could make such a workaround be efficient as well. But adding support for a stand-alone NioVariable would be a good idea as well. Sorry there is not a better answer at the moment.
 -dave