Removing elements

From: Daniel Gilmore <daniel.gilmore_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2012 - 05:17:28 MST

Good morning. We are using PyNio to convert a variety of products in GRIB2
to NetCDF. For the most part, it works fine. But lately we're running into
some issues with gridded data.

What happens during conversion is both x/y and lat/lon data are included in
the resulting NetCDF file. I'm not sure whether this is coming from the
Grib2 file itself, or is an artifact of PyNio. Either way, it is confusing
our web coverage service when we try to serve these files.

As a work-around, we developed a post-processing app that removes either
the x/y or lat/lon elements, depending on the product. This works well, but
is product specific. Consequently, it is labor intensive and is going to be
a maintenance nightmare.

So what we're wondering is, can PyNio be directed to drop specific elements
on the floor during conversion? If not, is this some functionality that can
be added at a later date?

Thanks.

Dan

--