Re: 1 pixel artifact when map masking contour plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 06:21:19 MDT

On Sep 27, 2010, at 10:04 AM, daryl herzmann wrote:

> Hi Mary,
>
> Thanks so much for looking into this!
>
> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Mary Haley wrote:
>
>> pixel.py:resources.mpPerimOn = True
>> pixel.py:resources.mpPerimLineColor = 0
>> pixel.py:resources.mpPerimLineThicknessF = 5.0
>>
>> This causes a white border to be drawn around your map, hiding the line.
>
> Oooo, fancy idea. As an aside, I have had lots of issues with
> 'mpPerimOn = False' not working. I get a map perimeter regardless :)

There are two kinds of "perimeters". Maybe you are seeing the limb line? You can try this:

resources.mpGridAndLimbOn = False

>> I also tried this:
>>
>> resources.mpFillOn = True
>> resources.mpFillAreaSpecifiers = ["water","caribbean islands","mexico","canada","nova scotia","newfoundland","new brunswick"]
>> resources.mpFillBoundarySets = "NoBoundaries"
>> resources.mpSpecifiedFillColors = [0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
>>
>> in an attempt to explicitly fill those areas that are still appearing as a faint outline. I think "New Brunswick" is part of the problem, as I still see the faint outline of this.
>>
>> Are you seeing this?
>
> Yup, I couldn't figure that out either, but figured I take it one step at a time :)

I tried what I could to get rid of New Brunswick (no offense to people there). One think I may not have tried, as a super kludgy method, is to outline New Brunswick in a thick white line. I will check with Dave this morning to see if he has any ideas.

--Mary