Re: PyNGL/PyNIO installation problems

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2010 - 05:30:54 MDT

Hi Ben,

To follow-up on Dave's comments about PyNGL: if you are building from source code, you can also help the PyNGL installation find libgfortran.{a,so} by setting the F2CLIBS_PREFIX environment variable.

See:

http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/Download/build_pyngl_from_src.shtml#SetPyNGLEnvVars

for more information.

If you are installing from a precompiled binary, then Dave's suggestion should help if you already have libgfortran installed.
You might be able to find it with the "locate" command:

  locate libgfortran

If you are still having problems, then please email us with more information, like whether you're building from source or using a precompiled binary, and what kind of system you have (uname -a).

--Mary