Installation on Debian Lenny

From: David Brodrick <david_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 05:52:38 MDT
Hi,
I was wondering if anybody has experience using PyNIO/PyNGL on Debian Lenny (5.0).

Python 2.5.2
gcc (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) 4.3.2
libc6 2.7

I thought the PyNIO-1.3.0b5.linux-i686-py255-gcc432.tar.gz binary distribution might work but after I untarred this and the corresponding PyNGL file under /usr/ I get a segmentation fault as soon as I import Nio. The machine is 32 bit.

The only previous message I could find was from Steve Sullivan who was trying to build from source (perhaps because none of te binary distributions are suitable?).

Any suggestions appreciated,
Regards,
  David