Announcement: new test PyNIO/PyNGL binaries and NCAR ESG-CET Gateway 1.0.0 cutover today

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 11:32:01 MDT

Hi folks,

This announcement is for people that use the ESG to download PyNGL/PyNIO binaries or source code:

  - We uploaded some new precompiled PyNGL and PyNIO TEST binaries (1.3.0b4 and 1.3.0b5)
  - The NCAR ESG Portal (www.earthsystemgrid.org) will be updated to the new ESG-CET Gateway 1.0.0 version today at about 11:30 AM MDT (right about now!).

Those of you that have downloaded these test versions of PyNIO or PyNGL have already experienced this new system via the test URL "esg.ucar.edu". After this changeover, please go back to using "www.earthsystemgrid.org".

We are asking people to try these test binaries to let us know if they have problems with them. We hope to do an official release soon, but need feedback first, since we have several external software dependencies built into both sets of binaries.

All user accounts from the old ESG site have been created on the new system. If you encounter any problems with the new ESG, send email to esg-support AT earthsystemgrid.org

Cheers,