Re: pyngl-talk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 2

From: Mikhail Itkin <itkin.m_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 23:20:09 +0400

Dear PyNGL devs,

First of all, thanks for the work that have been done so far, PyNGL
and PyNIO are extremely nice tools. It's good to hear about the
upcoming release (whenever it comes), especially about including
shapefiles and hdf5-eos support.

One question in regards to hdf5-eos support. Is it going to be a
support for hdf5-eos only and not *generic* hdf5 format?

In our research group we first started to build some I/O routines
based on Nio, but then due to missing support of HDF5 we haved
switched to GDAL. However if it's possible i would like to stick to
Nio in the future, i find that Nio handles scientific data formats in
a more convenient for end-user way.

Cheers,
Mikhail

--