Re: problems for installation

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:42:25 -0600

Hi Phil,

It is likely that you have version of the libgfortran shared library
that is incompatible with the gfortran version that PyNGL depends on.
I will quote a message from Mary Haley that addresses this issue:

> You are running into the (infamous) libgfortran problem.
>
> Between versions of gfortran (4.1.x, 4.2.x, and 4.3.x), things are not
> compatible. That is, if you have an application built with gfortran
> 4.1.x, and it depends on libgfortran, then you can't use the
> libgfortran that comes with 4.3.x.
>
> I've attached libgfortran.so.1.0.0 for you to try. This is
> the one that comes with gfortran 4.1.
>
> Be sure to unlink the other one that you have pointing to
> libgfortran.so.3.
>
> Rename the attached one to libgfortran.so.1, and then setenv
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include the path to it, and see if this works.
>
> Or, you can just put it in the same directory where your
> "libgfortran.so.3" resides.

So follow the directions above with the attached libgfortran binary.
Hopefully it will work on Fedora Core 10. Let us know if you have
trouble.
  -dave