Re: Artifact with mpMaskAreaSpecifiers

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:52:06 -0600

Hi Daryl,

The area in Wisconsin that is filled is the part of "Iowa" county in
Wisonsin that is within
your data extent. You can fix this by more fully qualifying the
mpMaskAreaSpecifiers value as:

resources.mpMaskAreaSpecifiers = ["Conterminous US : Iowa",]

This distinguishes the state from "Wisconsin: Iowa" (county).

Note that if you look at the table for the 'Earth..2' dataset at

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/
MapPlotData4_1_earth_2.shtml

the part of the fully qualified name of any entity in the dataset
that is required to uniquely qualify it
is in bold. So the full specification for the state Iowa is:

Land : North America : United States . Conterminous US : Iowa

and to uniquely specify it you must use the final 2 elements of the
hierarchy.
  -dave