Re: time axis annotation

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:26:18 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jim,

I'm trying to come up with a udunits example, but having difficulty
finding the "netcdftime" module you mentioned. Is there some
documentation for it?

I did see another module "nc" that mentions udunits, but I didn't
see documentation about how to convert the time values to other
units.

I'm tempted to try wrapping our own "ut_calendar" function that
we have in NCL. See:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/ut_calendar.shtml

Anyway, I went ahead and created an example that shows how to
label the time axis. I hard-coded the time-converted units for now (I
did this from an NCL script using ut_calendar).

The way I did the time axis may be meaningless, but hopefully it
illustrates how to do this kind of thing. Let me know if you have
other questions.

If anybody out there knows of a python module for doing this kind of
conversion, please let us know.

--Mary