Re: tiMainString and Text Function Codes

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:30:36 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Keith,

In PyNGL, the function code is actually the ~ character. We feel
that the colon was a bad choice for a function code in NCL,
since a lot of people use colons in their titles. This is not
advertised very well. I will try to figure out how to remedy this.

Meanwhile, if you want the colon to be your function code, then you
can either do this in a file called ".hluresfile" in your home
directory with the following line:

*TextFuncCode : :

Or, if you want this function code to be changed for anybody
that runs NCL on your system, then you can edit the file:

$PYTHONPREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyNGL/ncarg/sysresfile

and put the same line in there.

--Mary