Re: mpGridAndLimbOn not always working

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:40:04 -0600 (MDT)

Just a little explanation in case you're wondering what the heck the
"pm" resources are. The "pm" stands for PlotManager, which is
something that internally controls the size and placement of things
like tickmarks, titles, labelbars and legends. Since these items
usually depend on the type of plot you are creating, the PlotManager
figures how out to correctly draw these objects, where to place them,
how big to make the fonts, how long the tickmarks should be, etc.

If you ever need to control the size of labelbars, legends, etc, you
might want to check with the PlotManager resource list if you can't
find a solution in the other resource lists.

More documentation on the PlotManager can be found in the
NCL documentation:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/pm.shtml
   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/HLUs/Classes/PlotManager.shtml

--Mary