Re: plotting across 180 and across 0

From: <uneye_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 21:45:29 +0300 (EEST)

Hi John and all,

I recently had the same problem. First check that your lat/lon variables
are 1D because it can be 2D with x_cross and y_cross values are defined.
Anyway my real advice would be using NCO tools. Ufuk lead me to use the
tools and seems it has solved my problem.

I haven't really looked into your code but the problem seems to be with
the wrapped coordinates. Because the lon is from 0 to 360, to window an
area from -20 to 20, you have to get the part from 340 to 360 first and 0
to 20 later. The solution is to window it with NCO tools, which you can
download from nco.sourceforge.net. They have a detailed user guide you can
look into. Look for Wrapped Coordinates. You can easily use the command
line to correct the problem.

Hope this helps,
Erdem