color bar for sub region

From: Ertl, John C CIV 63134 <john.ertl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:12:17 -0700

All,

I have a script that takes a global grid and will give me an image of a sub region of that grid but the color bar that is shown covers values for the entire global grid. Is there a way to have the color bar cover only the values in the sub region?

I am using mplimit Mode to limit the plotted area. Is there better way...can PyNGL make a true sub region that can then be plotted?

        resources.mpLimitMode = "LatLon" # Limit the map view.
        resources.mpMinLonF = subMinLon
        resources.mpMaxLonF = subMaxLon
        resources.mpMinLatF = subMinLat
        resources.mpMaxLatF = subMaxLat
        resources.mpPerimOn = True # Turn on map perimeter.

Thanks,

John Ertl
Meteorologist

FNMOC