Test PyNGL/PyNIO for 64-bit Linux

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 07:23:59 -0600

Hi all,

Finally! I have some test versions of PyNGL and PyNIO for a 64-bit
Linux system using various combinations of Python (2.4 and 2.5), gcc (3
and 4), and NumPy and Numeric (1.0.2 and 24.2).

There were some compatibility issues we had to deal with between Python
2.4 and 2.5. Also, we decided to upgrade our version of SWIG and found
out quickly that it generated code that wouldn't compile. We are still
debugging this problem, but we were able to use an older version of
SWIG for these test versions.

Also, we got gcc version 4 installed on our Linux box, so I was able to
test versions of PyNGL and PyNIO with this as well.

If you'd like to try any of these versions, let me know. I'll need to
know what version of Python, whether you want the NumPy or Numeric
module, and what version of gcc.