PyNIO memory behaviour

From: Jesper Larsen <jl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 14:14:55 +0200

Hi pyngl people,

I have made a long running application in which I keep a number of grib files
open as NioFile objects. During the process I access the data contained in
the NioFile objects. I make sure that my variables are deleted after usage.

Can I expect that the PyNIO objects themselves won't take up much memory (my
grib files are quite large) and leave the data on disk or will they somehow
cache the data in memory? In other words: Is the memory footprint of the
PyNIO objects small and more or less constant - or will it vary as my
application runs?

Kind regards,
Jesper