Re: Bounding boxes in EPS file

From: Raymond P. <rtp1_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:55:14 -0600

I too have had an endemic problem with getting bounding boxes set
tightly -- not just with PyNGL output, but with all sorts of graphics
programs on my Mac. I've had to set a lot of custom paper sizes
and do a lot of fiddling in order to not leave too much white
space in my LaTeX documents.

A utility that would postprocess eps and pdf files and shrink the
bounding
box to leave minimal white space would be great. I know how to
set the bounding box, but getting the dimensions of the figure
from a ps or pdf file is beyond my talents. If anybody
knows of a suitable postprocessing utility that would be
helpful to me, and no doubt to lots of others.