Re: polar projection

From: David Ian Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:18:52 -0700

Hi John,
If you want to view the data in its native grid, you need to set the
following
resources:
mpProjection = "stereographic"
mpCenterLatF = 90 or -90 (since it's a "polar" stereographic projection)
mpCenterLonF = the orientation of the projection

mpLimitMode = (usually) "corners" or maybe "points"
If "corners" the 4 resources:
mp[Left/Right]Corner[Lat/Lon]F = the lower left and upper right
coordinates of your grid
If points the 8 resources:
mp[Left/Top/Right/Bottom]Point[Lat/Lon]F = the corner points of the grid

tfDoNDCOverlay = True

Alternatively you can display the data in any projection if you have
(2) 2D arrays with the
coordinate values (lats and lons) of each point in your grid.

Then you can just set the resources sfXArray and sfYArray to the lon
and lat arrays
before calling Ngl.contour_map (assuming you want a contour plot).

  -dave