Re: ngmath routines?

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:43:05 -0600

On Aug 29, 2005, at 12:40 PM, James Boyle wrote:

Hi Jim,

> The natgrid routine from the NGMATH Library is part of PyNGL - what is
> the status of the other routines in ngmath - namely

> dsgrid
    This is an inferior product that probably should never have been
implemented - it will never be in PyNGL.

> fitgrid
    The basic functions for interpolatory splines under tension for
periodic and non-periodic 1D data and
    integration are in PyNGL (Ngl.ftcurv, Ngl.ftcurvp, and Ngl.ftcurvi
respectively). Next on the list for
    fitgrid functions would be ftsurf.

> cdagrid
    Lowest priority in this suite (csadrid).

> cssgrid
     The highest priority, but probably not for a few months, unless my
arm is really twisted to get it done.

> shgrid
     Second highest priority.

> Of my main interest is cssgrid since this routine is meant to handle
> data on a sphere, also it is very close to the algorithm used by CMAP
> for the
> interpolation of rain station data.
>
> These functions might already be available but I cannot locate where
> they might be.

    Cheers,

    Fred Clare