Poor Font Rendering

From: Daryl Herzmann <akrherz_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:39:29 -0500 (CDT)

Greetings,

I am very excited to be using pyngl and am very impressed with the
quality of documentation/examples on the website. Great job! Hopefully
my question is not already addressed on those pages :)

I am curious if there is some trick to get clean looking fonts on my PNG
output images generated from PyNGL. Online, I notice a major difference
with the font quality on the NCL examples and PyNGL examples. For
example,

PyNGL http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/examples/ngl07p.1.png
NCL http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/trans_1_1_lg.png

so perhaps there is a fundamental limitation at work... Another curious
thing is the example on the PyNGL homepage. The online example looks of
decent quality, but when I run the example on my local machine, I get
typical quality. Do I need to be running MacOS-X to be getting pretty
things? :)

thanks,
   daryl

--
/**
  * Daryl Herzmann (akrherz_at_iastate.edu)